Now, you could say there is a bit of a rant heading your way. If you don't care then don't even bother to read this journal, then again - that's exactly what this rant is going to be about.
Stock at the moment appears to be a dead-end street. I load up dozens of packs and all I receive in return are favs and three-word-comments. I don't want to bring up the whole fav/comment/critique-discussion again, I just want to let you know that to me favs don't mean that much when it comes to stock, since most of them are probably just a way of bookmarking the photos, judging from several collection-names. You may say "well, but that's a nice thing, isn't it? that means they like your stock and are going to use it" but seriously I don't think I should be the grateful one when someone uses my stock. I realise now that I actually used to think a bit like that up to now, I was hyped whenever I got a "used your stock here (link)"-message but now that these messages come more often they seem to mostly lead to redundant anime-doodles. That's not a bad thing per se, I myself have tons of drawings like that somewhere in the darkest corner of my flat from when I started drawing and painting. I really think it's a great thing that starting artists can use a source like the stock-gallery from dA to practise. However, to be absolutely and selfishly honest it's not exactly rewarding for me.
I think I do a lot for this stock-account - I give you packs AND single pics, I talk basically everyone I meet into posing for me, trying to provide a variety of different models, I spend money on props, sheets, lighting and I spend hours on stitching together preview images, selecting and cropping photos. I also try to keep my watchers up to date but they don't really seem to care, judging from my last three journals who went completely unnoticed. There is only a handful of people from my 805 watchers who comment regularily and show an interest not only in the stocks but in the person behind the camera and while I want to thank them at this occasion I also have to realise that this proportion is everything but balanced.
At the moment I think it would benefit my own goals more to rearrange my focus when it comes to photography because everytime I take my camera somewhere I think "would this also be good stock?".
Now, I don't say I will completely give up this account but I'll try to achieve a better price/performance ratio, metaphorically speaking. This means I will stop loading up the single photos into my scraps, I will also no longer schedule typical stock-shoots just for the sake of it. I will also close down requests completely since I had to realise that I cannot do most of them anyway, what with the whole difficulties of asking my models, finding a date to do the photos etc.
I admire all of dA's great stockers who do this much longer than I and still haven't lost their passion. I truly think they give a lot of their very self and we should all be glad we have them.
1) Let me know if you used my stock - note would be best. No need to ask BEFORE you want to use it!
2) I hereby grant all DeviantArtists permission to use my stock in any and all Deviant Prints without restriction
If you want to use it outside DA that's fine too - I'd be grateful, though, if you could let me see the finished product and tell me what you're going to use it for, just because I'm really interested in the outcome.
EXCEPTION: The Apassionata series, which are NOT to be used in ANY commercial way!
3) Please credit me in the description with a link to my account - after all my work is part of yours.
4) Concerning requests: Sorry, I don't take requests anymore. I had to realise I cannot fulfill them most of the times, anyway, because it's hard to schedule a quick shoot with my models.
5) Concerning packs: Click on the preview image to see a bigger preview image. Click "download" to get all the single images (in a big version) in one rar-pack. If there are links in the descriptions you have the option to only get single photos of the pack, these single pics are located in my scraps.
6) Please do something creative with the images. I don't consider level adjustment and contrast-changings as highly productive (unless it's for study purpose).
Don't repost my stock images as photography and don't use them to create your own stock images, if you want to do something like that ask me at first and we can talk about it.
clubs I joined:
I give FULL permission to every club listed here to display my stock images!